"I am constantly inspired by the selfless acts of so many who work for, and are associated with, the Mercy Health family. They allow us to foster and develop a pre-eminent service for all members of the community. As a Catholic provider we offer compassionate care to people of all faiths and no faith, and respect the physical, personal and spiritual needs of each individual.
With the support of our Board and Management Team we remain focused on the sustainable delivery of our services so we can be available to those in need, including the marginalised, and always address the issues of our time.
As I reflect on my journey with Mercy Health I am heartened by the enormous privilege of meeting truly gifted people who make such an impact on people's lives, including mine. I refer to the people who provide our services and work with patients, clients, families, carers and staff 24/7. Their endeavours go beyond any expectation that we, as a Board, may have.
I acknowledge the inspiration we draw from the Sisters of Mercy who have dedicated their lives to service in so many fields, never wavering in their mission. And I appreciate that the achievements across our organisation could not come to fruition without the respectful collaboration between our Management Team and our Board who have committed themselves to serving the community through Mercy Health."
Julien was appointed to both the Mercy Health Board and the Mercy Health Finance, Audit and Risk Committee in 2005, and was subsequently appointed Chairman of Mercy Health and a Director of Mercy Health Foundation in 2008. Julien is also Chairman of the Mercy Health Corporate Governance, Remuneration and Nomination Committee. He has a diverse background and qualifications in accounting, insurance, risk management and marketing, as well as being a Fellow of the Australian Institute of Company Directors.
Julien is also Director or Chairman of a number of boards including the Catholic Archdiocese of Melbourne Finance Council. He is a member of the State Government Council of Board Chairs, supports Enterprise Ireland (Irish Government Trade Body) as Trade Attache in Victoria, and is Pro Chancellor – Australian Catholic University.
- Diploma of Accounting
- Fellow of the Australian Institute of Company Directors
- Professional Affiliations
- Chairman, Mercy Health
- Director of a number of related entities
- Enterprise Ireland (Trade Attache)
- Board Member, Finance Council, Catholic Archdiocese of Melbourne
- Chairman, CEO Institute (Syndicates 3 and 4) - Mentoring to CEO and Chairs of Member Companies
- Chairman, Fraynework (Multimedia/Digital Company)
- Member, Council of Chairs (State Government of Victoria)
- Member, Equestrian Order of the Holy Sepulchre of Jerusalem
- Fellow, Australian Institute of Company Directors
- Pro Chancellor, Australian Catholic University
- Industry Expertise
- Risk management