The Albury Transitional Aged Care Program (TACP) has 20 Residential places located in the Healthy Ageing Unit (HAU) at Mercy Health Albury and five community places within the Albury area.
TACP is a time-limited program with a period of up to 12 weeks. It is goal orientated, and includes a care plan and case management.
- - Medically stable and ready for discharge from hospital
- - Assessed and approved by the Aged Care Assessment Team (ACAT) or in Victoria (ACAS)
- - Able to benefit from a short term program of low intensity therapy
- - Willing to actively participate in optimising their independence
- - Want to explore future care needs or options for long term care
The healthcare team includes an occupational therapist, physiotherapist, social worker, nursing staff and dietician.
This service may incur a fee which is discussed on admission. Medications and packing of medications into Webster Paks will incur a cost to the patient. It is worth noting that Private Health funds and DVA do not cover TACP accommodation fees.