In order to be awarded a Certificate for successful completion of the 22056VIC Course in Health (HIV and Hepatitis C Test Advisor); participants must complete one core unit of competency. The course can be contextualised to suit midwifery.
Course delivery and duration
The course duration is 30 hours – mode of delivery may vary in order to suit participants' needs. Delivery involves a blend of:
- * pre-reading
- * workplace practise/simulated learning/role play
- * workplace observation competencies of pre and post-test discussions.
MHTI entry requirements
- * Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the capacity to interact with individuals in a non-judgemental fashion
- * Must have access to a qualified HIV and Hepatitis C Test Advisor or medical practitioner to complete the workplace observation competencies
- * Each participant must work as a healthcare professional were testing for HIV and other blood borne viruses is carried out
- * Registered midwife (as required)