Once your agreement has been authorised, you will be contacted by your Mercy Health residence.
It is our aim to provide a loving, home like environment in which you feel welcome, safe and supported. We will make the transition into your new home as smooth for you as we can. When you arrive you will be greeted by our friendly staff who will answer any questions you or your family may have. You will be given a
Resident Information Handbook which outlines practical information about your new home.
What to take with you when you move
Every aged care residence is furnished in a different way and has different guidelines. Mercy Health residences are fully furnished (bedroom, lounge and dining furnishings and utilities are all provided). There is little that you will need to bring, but it is important that you feel at home. It is helpful if you discuss the items you wish to bring with you before you move.
Items you may consider bringing:
• A favourite chair
• Side table or small bookshelf
• Television, video/DVD player (although many residences have these items)
• Toys, games or memorabilia
• Pictures and picture frames
• Reading and drawing material
• Favourite blankets or items of clothing
Staying in touch with the community and retaining your sense of identity and independence is very important.
Here are some of our activities and services that encourage social interaction and connectedness:
Community Visitors Scheme
• Volunteers who are available to talk, listen, go for walks, play games
• A full activities and lifestyle program
• Special interest activities that are created in consultation with you and your family
• Home visits are a great opportunity to spend time with family and friends
• Resident forums
• Special events