Our model of residential aged care is underpinned by our five key expectations.
- value each person, and their life story
- encourage independence and support people to live their lives to their fullest potential
- partner with residents, families and loved ones to nurture individual health and emotional, social and spiritual wellbeing
- welcome people into a home environment where they feel safe, comfortable and valued
- enable each person to discover and fulfil opportunities to live an enriched and meaningful life.
By respecting each person we aim to ensure they have the best day possible, each and every day.
Choosing a Mercy Health home allows you to continue living your life, your way.
We take a holistic approach to care in which your needs and choices are respected. At
the heart of that approach is the ability to maintain social connections, independence and personal choices.
partners in your care.
Our carefully selected team listens to, assists and
supports you to live to the best of your ability every day.
You choose how you spend your day. And, because we're part of the community, our team actively includes your family and people close to you in daily life.
We call it Care First.
"I can assure you there was no one in Colac more anti nursing home than my mother. She remained fiercely independent up until nearly 96 years of age - and even then she maintained an extremely active community lifestyle in Legacy, CWA, Church etc and was rarely home.
After a bad fall just on Christmas Eve we all decided mum needed much more care than she was receiving. Mum new it was time and embraced the change in her usual practical manner.
There were several factors that impressed me on entering the Colac facility:
It was bright and spotless, but the thing that most impressed me was the interactions I saw between the staff and residents. Happy staff and very happy residents. I saw genuine love and care from both sides that amazed me. I knew this was an exceptional aged care facility.
Mum's 6 months at Mercy were amongst some of the happiest times of her life. She loved the staff and never stopped raving about the genuine love and care shown to her.
I would especially like to thank Cassie and her team for the amazing efforts they put in to make mum's stay such an enjoyable one, especially towards the end of her journey. Due to their efforts mum passed away peacefully in a room filled with love and prayer. She would have thought it was the perfect end to a wonderful life."
On behalf of the Boyes family
- We're here to help. Discuss your needs with our Residential Liaison Officers at each of our
aged care homes