Event: 8 March 2016
To celebrate International Women's Day; a day that acknowledges the economic, political and social achievements of women, Mercy Health hosted events at Mercy Hospital for Women, Werribee Mercy Hospital and the Support Services office in Richmond.
Mercy is exceptionally lucky to have such a large number of talented male and female employees who provide the best possible care to our patients, clients and residents every day. To celebrate this, both of our hospitals presented International Women's Day Awards, acknowledging the many achievements of our female employees. Congratulations to overall recipients of the International Women's Day Award, Dr Alison Fung, Maternal Foetal Medicine Consultant, Mercy Hospital for Women and Ms Colleen Kannegiesser, Bereavement Coordinator, Mercy Palliative Care.
Mercy Health would like to thank all employees who work to make our organisation a leader, in many respects, in the health, aged and home and community care industries. Below is a list of employees who were nominated for International Women's Day Awards:
- - Dr Gaynor Blankley, Psychiatrist, Mercy Hospital for Women
- - Gillian Opie, Neonatal Paediatrician, IBCLC, Mercy Hospital for Women
- - Dr Alison Fung, Maternal Foetal Medicine Consultant, Mercy Hospital for Women
- - Jennifer Porter, NUM Outpatients, Mercy Hospital for Women
- - Bernadette Mulcahy, Access Clinician / Care Coordinator, Werribee Mercy Hospital
- - Alison Patrick, Executive Director Nursing & Midwifery, MPHI
- - Colleen Kannegiesser, Bereavement Coordinator, Mercy Palliative Care