Mercy Health recognises that many people want more than just a job. We respect this by offering a generous range of benefits to support you both within and outside of the workplace. As a Workplace Gender Equality Agency Employer of Choice for Gender Equality, Mercy Health is proud to have over 50 per cent female representation on its Board, Executive and management.
Mercy Health sincerely values a culturally and linguistically diverse workforce and strives to reflect the diverse demographic make-up of those to whom we provide care.
At Mercy Health, we offer a positive values-driven workplace and culture that values diversity. See below for just some of the exciting initiatives that we offer our staff.
Caring for you
Our health and wellbeing hub dedicated to supporting you to be the best that you can be.
Whole Self @ Mercy Health
Our network for LGBTIQ staff and allies that supports all staff to be their authentic selves at work.
Reconciliation Action Plan
One of many initiatives to support culturally safe healthcare.
Flexible working arrangements to achieve the best work/life integration
Flexible work arrangements include:
- part-time work, job share or working from home
- casual options
- flexible rostering
- Australian Breastfeeding Association accredited facilities.
Leave options include:
- purchased leave (48/52)
- gender-neutral paid parental leave, with the option to take leave at half pay
- personal and carers’ leave
- long service leave
- leave without pay, compassionate and bereavement leave
- study leave
- family violence-related leave.
Health and wellbeing
A range of health benefits are available to Mercy Health employees and volunteers including:
- discounted health insurance with Medibank (Medibank Priority)
- Well Women’s Clinic through Mercy Hospital for Women offers free services such as pap smear tests and breast health awareness
- free flu vaccinations
- a self-referral Employee Assistance Program, which provides free counselling and support to all employees and their immediate family members
- access to Diversity Contact Officers
- access to the Victorian Nurses Health Program, which is a free and confidential service for nurses
- Critical Incident Stress Management (CISM) debriefing
- discounted Bicycle Network membership.
Support for carers
- the Work/Life All ages. All stages resource guide
- discounts on a wide range of services provided by Mercy Health Home Care Services for immediate family members
- the Keeping in touch program – employees on extended leave are encouraged to remain in touch with the workplace
- support returning to work from parental leave
- Camp Australia partnership for school holiday programs
- our Children at Work policy, which provides employees with the option of bringing their children to work in emergency situations when safe to do so
- Diversity Contact Officers providing confidential support
- Care Corporate – a childcare referral service available free of charge.
Our flexibility framework supporting your growth and work/life integration.
Supporting your career progression and development.
Support for professional development and training
Mercy Health is committed to the professional development of its workforce and supports this through a range of initiatives, including:
- graduate programs in nursing, midwifery, palliative care and psychiatric nursing
- management and leadership programs
- in-house training
- externally facilitated education sessions
- study leave and support
These development opportunities, and more, can be found on Mercy Health’s dedicated online Learning Hub. The Hub is designed to enhance access to learning opportunities for all Mercy Health employees.
In-house salary packaging program
Mercy Health offers an excellent and flexible salary packaging program to employees. The program is subject to capping limits only available for public health and ‘not for profit’, benevolent institutions. It works by reducing employee income tax payments and increasing their take-home salary.
Salary packaging items include:
- home mortgage and personal loan repayments
- rental payments
- credit card repayments
- private health insurance
- school fees
- meal entertainment
- holiday accommodation
An ATO approved salary packaging debit card option is available for staff who do not have expenses to salary package from the list above.
Employees can elect to sacrifice their salary to superannuation over and above the capping limits.
Novated Leasing is also offered to eligible employees.
Last reviewed January 18, 2019.